Things to know prior to Notarization
(1) Do not sign document until you are in the presence of the Notary
(2) Completely fill in all the blank spaces in document before Notary arrives but DO NOT SIGN!
(Can not notarize incomplete documents)
(3) If you have any questions about how to complete the document, please contact the person who drafted or requested the document. A Notary Public is unable to provide legal advice or assistance in drafting/and or completion of documents.
(4) Every signer must physically appear to be coherent and present acceptable ID at the time of the notarization.
(5) Original documents must be presented for all copy certifications.
(6) Vital Records can not be notarized. (birth,death, and marriage certificates)
(7) Know which notary certificate you need as Notary can not provide advice on which to use.
All identification cards must be ORIGINAL, current or issued within the last 5 years, contain a photo, physical description, signature, and serial number. Identification procedures are mandated by the Colorado Secretary of State.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
Colorado Drivers License
Other State Drivers License
US Military ID cards
Colorado Identification card
Other State Identification card
The name you will be signing on the document must match or be “Shorter Than” the name on your ID.
An ID in your maiden name along with your Marriage license is not acceptable